Monday, March 8, 2010

Virtual Vacation : LONDON Part 1

Each day this week I am treating you to a look in to my next dream vacation that I am planning: London! The first aspect of my vacation that I will address is the hotel will be staying in:

Located on Park Lane, the rooms at The Metropolitan offer views of Hyde Park (London's equivalent to Central Park).





The Park Suite (shown above) has king size bed, sitting area and a small balcony overlooking the park where I will sit and have my morning tea. The room amenities also offer bottled water at turn-down, iPod docking station, an electronic "Do Not Disturb" sign (not sure what that is exactly, but I like the sound of it!), 300 count egyptian cotton linens, fine goose down comforter, a minibar, umbrella, yoga mat and more.
The Park Suite is 720 pounds/night ($1,090 USD).



One thing the hotel offers that I am particularly excited about is called "Afternoon De-Light". The Metropolitan has taken the quintessentially British afternoon tea and added a touch of avant-garde, waist-friendly chic.

"The delicious selection of sweet and savoury cupcakes, fruit scones, and ‘no-bread sandwiches’ are made using healthful alternatives including flour substitutes, and low fat crème fraîche.

Fresh fruit purées replace unrefined sugars. Olive oil is instead of butter, as well as natural, organic and locally sourced produce wherever possible.

The menu is accompanied by a selection of fruit infusions and an ‘Ultimate Iced Tea’ as well as a seasonal selection of ‘Eco-Tini’s’ to choose from." via The Metropolitan website

Sounds AMAZING!!

The Met Bar is a members only bar that hotel guest receive honorary membership to during their stay. You will be able to find me here sipping cocktails with Kate Middleton and the like.

CHEERS!

Stay tuned tommorrow as we visit a little place where dreams are made of that is in walking distance from the hotel: HARRODS!




No comments:

Post a Comment