Thursday, March 25, 2010


Tonight I am just hanging around the house in this cute and comfy little number that finally came in from Targets Liberty line today.

I also got this storage bin the the Sixty pattern. I think it was $8 so I was not sure about the quality or size it would actually be but I am really impressed. It is fabric covered and is the perfect size to hold all the random living room stuff in one place.
For dinner I tried out a recipe that I found over at one of my favorite blogs:
The only adjustments I made were that I did not use cutlets because I went to the store that does not usually sell them and I was to lazy to drive to the one that does, and I used turkey bacon to cut back on some calories and fat. I also had some asparagus to use so I wrapped 2 spears in each chicken breast. It came out really good, the only thing I would change was that I used 2 slices of bacon on each but I would cut it back to 1. I ended up pulling most if it off before I got to the end. It was really bacony. I ate it with a green salad and a Pyramid hefeweisen.
It was a delicious dinner! Thanks for the recipe!

4 chicken cutlets
chive and onion cream cheese
bacon
salt and pepper

Pound out the chicken cutlets. I did not have cutlets so I really had to pound them out.
Season with salt and pepper. Smear your desired amount of cream cheese on each chicken breast and roll them up.
Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken breast. You can secure it with a toothpick if you think it's necessary.
It's up to you what pan to bake it on- if you use a baking dish, it'll keep the chicken more moist because the juices will stay with the chicken. The downside is that the bacon on the bottom will not be crispy. If you cook it on a broiler pan you will have crispier bacon all around but you risk your chicken being drier if you over cook. Do what you want!
Personally I used a broiler pan because I like my bacon extra crispy, the chicken cooked perfectly and did not dry out.
Bake 35 minute at 400 and broil for another 5 to get the bacon crispy.






1 comment: